Big World Small Boat

Private Diary of A Priest. OK, so we're not all angels...Everyone needs a place to get things off their chest! And yes, I do talk to God about it all! Even He has a sense of humour! Want proof? Well, he made me, didn't He? Oh, one last thought-If you don't like what I've written, please keep in mind - it's MY diary. Go write your own!

My Photo
Name:
Location: England, United Kingdom

I've been serving children in crisis for over twenty five years. My goals are not to raise money, but to find organisations and individuals who can help change lives! What may be outdated equipment for you could change the life of a child in Eastern Europe! To learn more please visit our site at: www.ProjectNewLife.org

Sunday

Microsoft, You Scallywags!

I’m a technical klutz and there isn’t much I can do about it, except keep trying. I have well burned tread marks in my settings slide when it comes to adjusting my security settings to allow, disallow, possibly allow, or don’t bother with those little cookie thingies.

So I guess I’m vulnerable to all sorts of stuff. But I’m strong. I’ve survived one of my neighbour’s courgette and lemon curd tarts, so I think I can handle most anything. Everything that is, except Microsoft.

According to ZD Net (‘where technology means business’), Microsoft is now going to offer to me, for a mere £49.95, the opportunity to 'protect' myself from all sorts of nasties that might find their way into my computer. Of course, the new software will be proudly included in every computer that comes off the shelf, but will last for a limited time only at no charge, then, once you feel safe and secure…BAM! The fear factor will hit you. It’s a bit like becoming lulled into a sense of warmth and community love and then the preacher hits you with the fire and brimstone bits!

But what gets up my nose is that these vulnerabilities are a result of glitches and faults in Microsoft’s own product!

Those scallywags!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

British Blogs