Big World Small Boat

Private Diary of A Priest. OK, so we're not all angels...Everyone needs a place to get things off their chest! And yes, I do talk to God about it all! Even He has a sense of humour! Want proof? Well, he made me, didn't He? Oh, one last thought-If you don't like what I've written, please keep in mind - it's MY diary. Go write your own!

My Photo
Name:
Location: England, United Kingdom

I've been serving children in crisis for over twenty five years. My goals are not to raise money, but to find organisations and individuals who can help change lives! What may be outdated equipment for you could change the life of a child in Eastern Europe! To learn more please visit our site at: www.ProjectNewLife.org

Sunday

Discounting Friends

I knew it would come in time–the spirit of what I wanted to write here.

The children had worked diligently to help someone who was going on a holiday. I had written a few words for them, but they were the ones who sat together and worked so hard to create a masterpiece of a blog for our friends–to help them on their holiday.

We were heartbroken to hear only complaints about the trip. Nothing seemed to be working right and they were both clearly miserable. And within their first 24 hours away they were already talking about coming home. Worst of all, it was our fault. Their entire holiday was centred around our suggestions.

Lent is such an important part of the Church calendar. It calls us to take stock of ourselves and to reflect upon our own journeys.

And it came to me this morning–as clear as the crisp air of a new day: The Fifth Petition of The Lord's Prayer:

And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

British Blogs