Big World Small Boat

Private Diary of A Priest. OK, so we're not all angels...Everyone needs a place to get things off their chest! And yes, I do talk to God about it all! Even He has a sense of humour! Want proof? Well, he made me, didn't He? Oh, one last thought-If you don't like what I've written, please keep in mind - it's MY diary. Go write your own!

My Photo
Name:
Location: England, United Kingdom

I've been serving children in crisis for over twenty five years. My goals are not to raise money, but to find organisations and individuals who can help change lives! What may be outdated equipment for you could change the life of a child in Eastern Europe! To learn more please visit our site at: www.ProjectNewLife.org

Wednesday

Make Me Feel Good About Myself !

‘What’s in it for me?’ and ‘Make me feel good about myself!’ In the most guttural sense, isn’t that what western society is all about?

Perhaps I'm being a tad too cynical you might say? Maybe you're right, but it has been a long day.

Isn’t it sad that we’re not born inherently nice? Life’s experiences can leave people bitter. And at the other end of the spectrum there are those who have been served by others for so much of their lives, they could never understand the concept of sharing kindness for kindness sake. It takes more than work to overcome this.

For many, it's a real challenge when you commit yourself to changing your focus from yourself to others. OK, it may not be top rate at first, but the commitment must start somewhere; like the story about the man who goes to a priest: 'Father,' he says, 'I've come about Mrs. McGillicutty. She has no food, the small room she lives in is ice cold, and she's so behind in her rent she may be evicted - what's going to happen to her, Father?’

‘Well, God bless you for your concern,' said the priest, 'I'll arrange to raise some funds for her through the church. Tell me, are you related?' the priest asked. 'No,' said the man. 'A friend?’ asks the priest. 'No, I never really see her, at the most once a month.'

Well,’ says the priest, ‘your act of human kindness shows you are serving God. So how did you meet Mrs. McGillicutty?'

'I'm her landlord,' said the man.

Perhaps today is the day we can commit an act of kindness just for kindness' sake.

Yep, very long day!


Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause others pain.1 Chronicles 4:1

The Crash of Spanair JK5002

Words of Comfort for the Dying

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We like reading your storys. Several of us in the office use them for the start of the day. Thought you would like to hear something nice. Hope your day isnt so long tomorrow.

11:59:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home

British Blogs